ARTS INCUBATOR * EDUCATION HUB * AUDIOVISUAL RECORDING AND STREAMING STUDIO
Welcome to Jazz Central: CNY’s Busiest Little Theater – and streaming facility!
Jazz Central houses the CNY Jazz offices and a 63- to 99-seat theater with box office and licensed lobby bar. A regional cultural hub, it hosts music, theater, comedy, film, dance, readings, lectures, meetings, and private events on an equitable ticket surcharge basis. It is also home to our organization’s professional and youth orchestras and small ensembles. A fully equipped performance and presentation space, it provides access to artists and groups without these resources who would otherwise incur added production expense.
OUR NEW STREAMING CAPACITY
Jazz Central now offers professional, multi-camera audio AND video recording and livestreaming capability!
In addition to our audio capacity, we’ve added 4K video recording and streaming to our menu of tech services to provide artists of all kinds with a venue to livestream on a paid “virtual ticket” basis.
YOU ARE SAFE IN OUR SPACE!
When theater spaces in New York are allowed to reopen, our COVID Prevention design plan will also allow exclusive studio audiences. Artists on stage and future audiences will be distanced and separated by clear barriers, our air handling filter system has been upgraded to a MERV 11 rating, temperatures will be taken at entry, sanitizers and masks will be available to all, and artist/audience databases will be compiled for possible tracing.
“LIVE FROM JAZZ CENTRAL” – USE AS A STREAMING PLATFORM
Until audiences are permitted in theaters, we will livestream your performances from our theater!
We will co-market your event for you and consult with you about how to best publicize it yourself.
All events will be billed as “YOUR NAME: A Jazz Central Production”.
You will pay a small charge for wraparound services: recording, streaming, ticketing, and marketing. You will retain most of your streaming income. You will receive a statement from our ticketing service after your performance. Call 315-479-5299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right back to you.
WHEN WE ARE ALLOWED TO OPEN WITH LIMITED CAPACITY: STREAMING/LIVE HYBRID EVENTS
Our reopening plan allows for an exclusive audience of 21 patrons for your events. We will assess $3.50 per seat charge, regardless of your ticket price. Pre-existing streaming terms will still apply.
WHEN WE ARE ALLOWED TO OPEN WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS
Some items to consider:
- Jazz Central contains 63 permanent theater seats with optional fold-out lecture hall desk boards.
- The theater is at grade and is 100% handicap accessible.
- There is additional cabaret table seating for up to 15. If small presentations allow for ¾ round seating, there is room for an additional row of 12 chairs.
- Total legal capacity of the theater is 99, including the artists and tech members.
- There is no direct charge for use of the theater. The public donates a $3.50/admission head charge upon entry. You set ticket prices. CNY Jazz also takes 20% of any merchandise sales.
- A non-refundable $105 per performance deposit is necessary. The $105 covers the $3.50 admission charge for the first 30 entries. For all private events, fundraisers, etc. usage charges are negotiated.
- It is your responsibility to promote your event. We will send your press release to our list of more than 1200 e-mail addresses prior to your performance date.
- If you provide us information on your event two weeks prior to your event, we will post your event on our calendar.
- We do not offer box-office services. Provide us a contact number for ticket sales and reservations.
- You may use our grand piano and house audio and lighting free of charge. Piano tuning is your responsibility. We can provide contact information for local tuners.
- We have available a sound and light board. You must provide sound and/or lighting technicians. In the event you do not have a technical person, we reserve the right to assign a technician at an addition cost to the producer. Microphones/stands, music stands, stools, folding tables, etc. are available on upon request at no additional cost.
- A Front of House charge of $45 per performance is due with all contracts. Bar service must be arranged in advance (minimum 2 weeks notice) and will include, beer, wine soda, bottled water and food items. Products will be sold starting a maximum of one hour before performances and during intermissions of up to 20 minutes, unless otherwise arranged. The Front of House charge will be assessed whether you use the bar service or not.
- Although we strongly encourage both local and touring jazz musicians to use our facility, our facility is not a nightclub and does not provide fees to touring artists.
Thank You to State Sen. John DeFrancisco
The existence of Jazz Central is due to the vision and commitment of CNY Jazz Executive Director Larry Luttinger and New York State Sen. John A. DeFrancisco. Sen. DeFrancisco, a strong patron of the arts, and especially jazz, provided a $250,000 grant from the Strategic Investment Program for the purchase and renovation of 441 E. Washington St. There is no city in the country that can boast a facility dedicated entirely to the pursuit of jazz performance and education aside from Wynton Marsalis’ Jazz at Lincoln Center. We are deeply indebted to Senator John DeFrancisco for his understanding of the value of the jazz art form and his belief in jazz, America’s art form.